Monday, December 17, 2007

Go With The Flow

(Titled after the Finding Nemo song currently stuck in my head)

Last night, I celebrated the end of the weekend by locking myself out of my house.

I had stopped by Panera for food & internet, and then Wal-Mart for a lightbulb for my new lamp. When I got home, I realized that my new keychain had fallen off my rental car keys, and my house key was totally gone. Uh-oh.

I searched around the door to the apartment, the stairs, and near my car in the parking lot. I called Emergency Maintenance for the community and left a message, and then set off for Wal-Mart, hoping I would find it there. I searched where I had been parked, went in and retraced some of my steps, and checked the service desk lost and found- nothing. Finally, as a last hope, I set off for Panera. I wasn't hopeful, because they had been about to close when I left, and that was well over an hour ago. When I got there, the doors were locked, but I must have looked desparate and they let me in. I explained the situation, and they said they hadn't found any keys. They let me check the booth I'd been in, and... voila! MY KEY! Note to self: keychains are not something to scrimp on.

Today was "buy stuff cheap" day. I started off with a trip over to Cast Connection &
Property Control, where they sell damaged/discontinued/etc merchandise at a discount
for CMs. I admit I was hoping for a really lucky day ("Oh, look! We had all this
furniture left over from the recent Polynesian remodel, and would love to deliver it
to your house and carry it up your 40 stairs for $5!"), but no such luck. I picked
up a few odds and ends, but nothing substantial.


After a quick stop at Casa Crystal for an ice cream break (My allergies hated me
yesterday, resulting in a very sore throat today), I set off in search of furniture.
I don't know if I've mentioned it, but my apartment is humorously bare. I have an
air mattress to sleep on, a barstool, and a little side table, and that's *it*.
Oooh, and the floor lamp I bought at Target for $8 yesterday, because there was no
light in my bedroom. I need some furniture, stat, and sadly, it's cheaper to buy new
stuff here than to pay movers to bring my old stuff.

Long story short, I found one of the two places, but their furniture was way overpriced for what it was, and they wanted too much to deliver. So I'm back to nothing! Oh well, maybe I'll just embrace my new Spartan existance?

I am so exhausted- I don't know if I'm coming down with a cold, or what, but my body is being Ms Grumpy Gills. I had considered going to DAK today, but I really just want to go home and sleeeeeeeeeeep. I have to be up painfully early tomorrow, so a little extra sleep probably wouldn't hurt.

And yes, I know I'm whiny today. I keep making a point to snap out of my mood- I mean, I was whimpering earlier about having to be at work at 7am tomorrow. But dude, I have to be there for orientation that involves a tour of the MK. They are paying me to take a tour that I would probably otherwise pay to take if I was here on vacation. And I am being a spoiled brat about it? Get over it!

I considered going to the Adv Club tonight to cheer up, but Club + 6am wake-up time = BAD. Another night- I'm not going anywhere!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Might I recommend IKEA? It's behind Bloomingdales out at the Mall at Millenia :)
(this is zweihund, btw)

Heather said...

Ha, i was just about to suggest IKEA.