Thursday, December 6, 2007

I think I deserve some kind of title as Queen of Last Minute Decisions and Planning.

It's almost 2pm on Thursday. I leave at 2am on Monday. (Unless I leave Sunday night to avoid the impending doom of an ice storm). That's 84 hours. I still have no idea where I'm living, or which resort I'm working at. EEP!

Well, I shouldn't say NO idea where I'm living. I've narrowed it down quite a bit.

"C" (I'm calling them by letters, since I don't want to come out and say "Hello, internet! This is where I live! Come stalk me!" untill I at least have furniture.) is probably my first choice- it's fairly well know, not fantastic, but doesn't suck. It's less than 3 miles from Disney gates, which is a huge plus. They offer 5% off the rent for Disney employees, which is the best Disney discount I've found so far. (Most places just waive the application fee or something trivial). Sadly, it doesn't include a washer and dryer. You can rent them for $40/month, but I just don't have anywhere near enough laundry to make that practical. Also on the down side, their prices change daily, kind of like airfare. They seem to drop the closer you check to your move-in date, so I'm going to look again tonight after midnight to see if there's anything I can afford yet.

"V" is pretty much tied with C. It's a bit farther away, but only by a couple of miles. It's a good decade older than most of the other places I'm looking at, but the reviews seem fairly positive. It sounds fairly safe, which is big. It includes a washer/dryer (YAY!), and they only allow cats, not dogs, which is a huge plus for me. I like dogs, but knowing for sure that none of my neighbors will have loud ones that like to bark all night is a big plus. However, they charge a random $200 "redecoration fee" to cover cleaning the carpets and such before you move in, which is pretty sucky.

"P" is great on paper. It's the closest to Disney at less than 2 miles, and the deposits required are cheap. It has a screened-in balcony, which would be perfect for my cat. They include washer/dryer, and trash pickup is free, vs $18-25 at the other places. That's made up for by the rent being about $10-15 higher, though. The down side is that the reviews aren't so great. Being right off the highway, in a fairly busy area, it isn't quite as safe. But the super-short distance from WDW is a huge pull, so I'm tempted to ignore the bad parts...

There are a few others I'm still considering, but these three are the frontrunners right now. I just wish I could pick!!!

No comments: